Hey all, had an idea to do some real quick opinions on games I buy on steam. Rated by if I decide to keep them or refund them! Steam has a pretty awesome refund system so there is no reason to keep a game that you don’t like or aren’t happy with for whatever reason.
Here are a few of the games I’ve checked out recently…. Continue reading
To me VR isn’t a new thing, I’ve been intrigued by it ever since the early days of Virtuality in the arcades. Now, in 2016, we are able to experience it ourselves in the comfort of our own homes. It’s a great time to be into technology and gaming, being able to experience this stuff first hand and watch others explore it via services such as YouTube and Twitch is just amazing.
I’ll be honest, when VR started to make a come back (as I like to think of it), I was extremely sceptical. I thought, why? Surely it isn’t going to be worth it, it’ll be so limited and pointless that it will come and go extremely quickly. Time has yet to determine how long this iteration of VR will be in our lives, but I for one am sold. No, the technology isn’t perfect, yes it has some weird issues and behaviour, but holy crap it is some seriously good fun!
Hey all, I have updated some details on my retro gaming setup page, check it out!
With this I am hoping to start adding more content to this page soon, you’ll also see I’ve added a sweet little Steam profile thing that shows my profile and also a couple of my most recently played games on Steam. Cool, huh? I don’t really play a lot of major titles on Steam right now, but it’s better than nothing and sadly I haven’t seen anything like it for Xbox Live or PSN 🙁
I’ve also disabled user registrations and comments for now as it was giving me trouble and I was getting nothing but spam comments anyway!
Stay tuned for more! Hopefully soon!
UPDATE: I’ve turned on Facebook comments, so let’s see how that works out.
It’s been a busy time lately and I haven’t been posting these updates as much as I’d like, but I’ve been playing a fair bit as you’ll see below…
- Witcher 3 (PS4) – Absolutely loving this game!
- Batman Arkham Knight (PS4) – Still not sure how I feel about this game, but I’m still playing it and having a hard time stopping so I must be liking it, right?
- Yoshi’s Woolly World (Wii U) – Holy crap, cutest game of 2015 right here. Good gameplay too!
- Devil May Cry (from the HD collection on Xbox 360) – Never played it before, not sure how I feel about it now. I feel it might not have aged well.
- Ori and the Blind Forest (PC) – Wow, this is a pretty, pretty game and challenging to boot. Really like it.
- You Must Build a Boat (Android) – Made by the same guy that did 10,000,000, this is incredibly addictive and fun.
Apart from that I’ve added a new chair to my gaming room thanks to my fantastic wife for organising it for my 30th Birthday that I just celebrated earlier in the month.
Finding it very hard to believe it’s February already and I’ve barely made a dent in the library! Anyway, over the last week I’ve been playing…
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4) – This game is great, in fact it’s miles better than Ubisoft’s “Ultimate Tetris” or whatever they just put out. Unfortunately this will never see a western release, so it’s import only and all in Japanese. That hasn’t stopped myself and my wife having an absolute blast with it!
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC) – A massive game, chock full of content and story and emotions and all the things! Shame I think I enjoy the multiplayer more than the main game, but I’m plugging away at it!
- World of Warcraft (PC) – I hit level 60 on my new character… woop woop!
- Ziggurat (PC) – OMG I love this game, had an awesome run over the weekend and beat my previous best. Very challenging game!
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition (PC) – Started playing this last year, got up to chapter 3 over the weekend. I will finish this game, one day.
- Defense Grid 2 (PC) – Awesome sequel to an awesome tower defense game.
- Meltdown (PC) – Suprising little game I’ve become a bit hooked on, picked it up for less than $2 during a recent sale and it’s fun. Online co-op, heaps of upgrades, gets a little grindy to earn coin but its fun!
- Escape Goat 2 (PC) – Started playing this. Fun little puzzle game.
- Watch_Dogs (PC) – Fired this up after I saw a friend selling his copy, I never finished it, but I’ve put about 20 or so hours into it. I’ll get it done, one day.
- Super Galaxy Squadron (PC) – Cool shmup on steam, didn’t spend heaps of time with it, but its better than others I’ve played.
- Project Root (PC) – The dev finally fixed the issue with getting this launching on 144hz screens, only up to the 3rd mission but its a cool game. Got me wanting to play the next game on this list…
- Renegade Ops (PC) – Always loved how this game looked and played, but I’ve never played past the first mission. This all changed over the weekend!
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD (PC) – 2 Castlevania games in 1 week? Yep!
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PC) – I really want to get this finished, always enjoy Borderlands games.
- Spintires (PC) – Felt like driving through some mud, looks like this has had some updates since I last played. Still stupidly hard.
- #IDARB (Xbox One) – The crazy potential esports game was released early for Gold members, I checked it out. Would be super fun with a group of people!
Wow… 16 games in 1 week… no wonder I never finish anything!